Vivebooks – About Us
- We publish original non-fiction ebooks with quality content from top authors. Our ebooks are specialist titles, which find it hard to get published in print.
- Vivebooks are in pdf format, so they are accessible on PC and Mac operating systems, and on iPad and many tablets.
- They have high resolution images and often video/audio files embedded in the pages. You can zoom in to see great detail – invaluable for craft books.
- Pages can be printed off on A4 or US letter printers – ideal for charts, templates, worksheets, shopping lists etc.
- Your Vivebook can be copied onto your iPad or tablet, and backed up. Once purchased, it is yours to keep for ever, even to print off on your home printer.
- Get your Vivebook immediately via a download, or order it on disk to have a permanent physical item, or to give as a gift.
- For more information please see the Read Me/FAQ page.
- Vivebooks/Rainbow Disks Ltd creates non-fiction ebooks. We aim to bring you expert advice and ideas from knowledgeable authors, presented in an accessible and attractive way.
- Our mission is to produce great books that earn a fair return for their authors. Top authors often earn just a few pence on every copy of their book sold. High discounts mean very low earnings for authors. We try to sell our ebooks at a fair price, to reflect the work of the author, editor, illustrators, photographer, video operator, book designer, publisher etc. For this reason you are unlikely to see our ebooks at high discounts because we do not give high discounts to wholesalers and retailers.
- We hope you are very happy with your purchase. If for any reason you are not we definitely want to know, so please Contact Us.
- If you are interested in becoming a Vivebooks author, and have an idea for an ebook, whatever your subject area, go to Submit your book idea.
More about Us
Vivebooks (Rainbow Disks Ltd) was started in 2006 by Barbara Case (Thornton) and Vivienne Wells, who both had extensive experience of writing and publishing practical books.
Barbara Case is an internationally successful author of books on bead jewellery. Vivienne Wells had at that time worked for over 20 years in the publishing industry, as a commissioning editor of practical books, a magazine editor and a freelance consultant. She and Barbara Case met when they worked together on Barbara’s first book in the 1980s.
Rainbow Disks published Barbara Case’s fourth book, Making More Beaded Jewellery (2007) on CD. In 2009 Vivienne Wells took over sole ownership of Rainbow Disks, developing the imprint Vivebooks in 2012.
Later, when Trevor retired from Higher Education, he became more involved in production, photography and video, and finance for Vivebooks, so it is now a family affair. When we’re not working we are walking with or training our spaniels (Vivienne’s hobby is dog agility), or gardening.